As a part of the Kansas City Recovery Coalition, you will benefit from the many years of experiences of Leaders of Recovery Support Housing and Recovery Support Service Providers in the Kansas City Missouri Region. Membership Benefits will include but not be limited to:
Mentorship and Networking
- Access to a network of providers across Kansas City who provide recovery support services
- Recovery Support Provider guidance and leadership from the Executive Team.
- Automatic Membership in the Missouri Coalition of Recovery Support Providers.
- Connection to the National Alliance for Recovery Residences
- Guidance in meeting state certification rules for recovery support services in Missouri
Training and Technical Assistance
Learning opportunities are offered with technical assistance in:
- Organization and Administration
- Non-Profit Leadership and Board Development
- Recovery Support Services
- Recovery Support Housing
- Guidance to obtain the Missouri Certified Peer Specialist Credential
- Proven effective Faith Based and Community Based approaches to recovery support services and recovery housing
- Workshops in clinical substance use disorder program practices related to recovery and recovery support services; i.e., Medication Assisted Recovery
- Information on recovery residences, including research and best practices
- Information on recovery support services including research and best practices
- Updates on funding opportunities in recovery supports and recovery support housing
- Updates on national and state actions related to recovery housing and recovery supports
- Links to helpful websites to further strengthen your recovery support services and recovery housing
- KC Recovery Coalition Americorps/VISTA Program provides full-time volunteers who work a year at member agencies. The cost is $400 a month.
- Building Legislative Caucus Support for Recovery and Recovery Support Providers in Kansas City area.
- Raising awareness and credibility for recovery housing and recovery support services
- Demonstrating impact of recovery housing and recovery support services
- Supporting the needs of recovering people as vital members of the community
- Legislative Education on Recovery Support Provider Services in Missouri
- Promoting Strength in Numbers.
Free Events & Benefits for Coalition Members
- Exhibit table at the annual Family Recovery Day
- Annual Summer Brunch in July
- Annual Christmas Brunch in December
- Nominate individuals for the annual Unsung Heroes Luncheon & Awards
- Participate in Monthly Coalition Meetings: 10:00 am on the first Thursday of the month – Let other members know about what is happening at your agency!
- Promote your events in the monthly email newsletter
Join the Kansas City Recovery Coalition.