Get a 10-week AmeriCorps VISTA Summer Associate at No Charge to Your Agency!
Please join us for ONE session to discuss the AmeriCorps VISTA Summer Associate Program.
- Do we have the capacity to effectively and efficiently host a summer associate?
- Who will be the direct supervisor? Director of Operations, Program Coordinator, Volunteer/ Outreach Coordinator, Executive Assistant, etc.?
Email: [email protected]
Ozark Healthcare Offers Telemedicine-based Medical Clinic
The actual clinic will be located in our building at 7505 East 87th St, KCMO. We are working with recovery houses to make primary care and medications for addictions available to clients at their convenience, without a long wait or transportation issues.
If you have clients in your house on insurance, including MEDICAID, please consider using our clinic to establish care. This will be at no extra cost to the client. If they are established under our care, we can see them on demand any time they need us for any acute problems such as colds, sinus infections etc. We can also do long term care and follow up for those clients that need mental health medications and /or medications for addictions like Suboxone, Nlatrexone, Vivitrol or Campral for all SUDs – Including Alcohol, Opioids and Stimulants.
Visits can be done via telemedicine from the client’s recovery house. For clients on Suboxone , we will need a UDS, which we will help provide cups for and co-ordinate the logistics of delivery.
Ozark Healthcare 816-808-2233
7505 East 87th street
Rally For Recovery 2023
Annual Meeting and Legislative ConferenceLocation: Courtyard by Marriott, 610 Bolivar Street, Jefferson City, MO 65101
When: March 6, 20238th Annual Recovery Day at the Capitol
Location: Courtyard by Marriott, 610 Bolivar Street, Jefferson City, MO 65101
When: Tuesday, March 7, 2023
MCRSP has negotiated a discounted room rate of $131 per night plus taxes at the Courtyard Marriott Jefferson City for this event.
Last Day to Book: February 5, 2023 Book your group rate for 2023 MCRSP – Missouri Coalition of Recovery Support Providers
Certified Peer Specialist Training 2023
LIVE In Person April 10-14 H
Healing House, 4505 St. John Ave., Kansas City MO 64123
Register for this event here – https://mopeerspecialist.com/
The five-day training experience leading to the CPS credential will continue to be conducted virtually in 2022. Cost: $75.00:
March 6th – 10th, 2023
March 20th – 24th, 2023
Mar. 20 – 24, 2023
April 10th – 14th, 2023
April 24th – 28th, 2023
May 8th – 12th, 2023
May 22nd – 26th, 2023
June 12th – 16th, 2023
June 26th – 30th, 2023
July 10th – 14th, 2023
July 24th – 28th, 2023
August 7th – 11th, 2023
August 21st – 25th, 2023
September 11th – 15th, 2023
September 25th – 29th, 2023
October 16th – 20th, 2023
October 23rd – 27th, 2023
November 13th – 17th, 2023
November 27th – Dec. 1st, 2023
December 4th – 8th, 2023
December 18th – 22nd, 2023
To register, go to: https://mopeerspecialist.com/
Additional Training Opportunities
- The Peer Recovery Center of Excellence hosts monthly communities of practice, a type of affinity call, as spaces for peer recovery support specialists and those who supervise them to network, learn, share, practice, and grow together. The goal of these calls is to bring together a variety of diverse perspectives from across the country to share in mutual learning that is centered on topics relevant to the peer workforce.
- First Call Professional Development Institute – Earn your Continuing Education Units with First Call’s leading experts in the field. This year they will offer both virtual and in-person options. All classes will be held on Fridays and start at 9:00 am. Our virtual options are $39 – 3 hours long and earn you 3 CEUs. Our in-person options are $49 – 6 hours long and earn you 6 CEUs.
- Training Opportunities with Poetry for Personal Power: Wellness Recovery Action Plan Training, CCAR Peer Support Specialist training, and other events.
- Missouri Credentialing Board Training Calendar
NAADAC Online Webinar Series – Over 145 CEs of educational webinars are available to enhance your knowledge and skills. Education credits are FREE for NAADAC members. Non-members pay a small fee for CEUs.
- Online MCB Ethics Training – The Missouri Credentialing Board is offering Online Ethics Video Training online! To help meet the demand for online ethics training, the MCB has created 6 online ethics courses. Each course has a video with a quiz and provides 1 CEU credit for 0.00. https://missouricb.com/
- The Center for Addiction Studies and Research offers online CEU courses to fulfill the educational requirements of the Missouri Credentialing Board.